How to take baking soda internally to lose belly fat, help with UTIs and balance kidney pHDec 29, 2020
How to take baking soda internally to lose belly fat, help with UTIs, and balance kidney pH
After years of eating raw food, alkalizing diet, drinking green juices and green powders, lemon water, and expensive bottles of alkaline drops, I discovered that good old baking soda is an inexpensive way to protect the kidneys, reverse urinary tract infections and help with weight loss by taking it internally.
What is baking soda?
Simply put it’s a white powder known as sodium bicarbonate. This simple ingredient has so many amazing uses including cleaning carpets, using its paste to relieve bug bites, as a tooth whitener, as an ingredient for rising cookies and cakes in baking and so much more.
Since we use it in baking, we know it’s safe to ingest. But why would you want to ingest it?
How much is a safe amount?
Since I’m never one to recommend something without trying it first, I can tell you that I have experienced no adverse side effects from taking baking soda internally, and have only noticed great benefits. Here are some things that it has done for me: reduction of belly bloat, a reversal of kidney pain (brought on by dehydration and/or dry fasting), great energy when I take it in the morning before a workout. I also use it as a way to balance the acidity of the coffee that I love to drink daily. Note that I don’t put it in my coffee, I just drink the recipe below before having coffee.
Here are some of the ways baking soda can improve your health:
1 cup room temperature water, 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Stir it up and drink it down, preferably on an empty stomach (this can be drunk any time of day, but make sure not to take it with supplements or on a very full stomach).
Optional: add 2 TBS apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice to help increase weight loss and ease acid reflux. It doesn’t taste great so just chase it with a couple of gulps of plain water.
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar and baking soda:
- Weight Loss– Along with a healthy diet (low carb, plant-based KETO is my favorite) and regular exercise, baking soda can reduce belly fat and flatten a bloated stomach. If you do this daily, you will start to notice your stomach is flatter during the day, and the fat will start to reduce if this is drunk with consistency. See note in the recipe about Apple Cider Vinegar or lemon.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Reversal - By alkalizing the kidneys you can reverse a painful UTI. Simply use this drink daily without the Apple Cider Vinegar/lemon.
- Relieve Kidney Pain/prevent kidney stones - When the body is acidic, the kidneys can become tender and painful stones can form. Morning and before bed drink is very useful for alkalizing the body and preventing stones from forming.
- Energy and Joy Production - To make an acid-reducing energy drink before or after exercise, stir 4 cups of water with ½ teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of Redmond Real Salt (or Celtic salt), and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. This is best on an empty stomach. Try to drink it all in a 1-hour time window for best results (and so you don’t forget about it).
How long should you take the baking soda drink?
At least until the symptoms subside. I would suggest 1 week on and 1 week off so as not to overload your system with too much sodium. But as your body gets more healthy and alkalized by eating lots of veggies, and eliminating processed foods and grains, your intuition will become stronger and you can tune into its needs. Trust yourself and trust your body!
Cautions When Drinking Baking Soda
- It is high in sodium, so it is a good idea not to overdo it.
- If you suffer from liver disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure or edema you should not drink baking soda.
- Don’t drink baking soda if you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you take prescription drugs, be sure to ask your doctor before drinking baking soda.
- Children under five should not drink baking soda.
- Don’t drink baking soda on a full stomach.
- Side effects of overconsumption may include increased thirst and stomach cramping.
Belly Fat and Diet
If you really want to reduce belly fat for good, we also recommend looking at your diet and lifestyle choices. Over and over again we find that our clients who consume sugar (even in the form of honey, dates, and maple syrup) daily have the hardest time reducing belly fat for good.
Sugar-Free curious? Join our FREE 3-Day Sugar-Free Challenge - which includes 3 days of guided information on how to quit sugar for good. Recipes included! Join HERE.
Belly Fat and Stress
When addressing belly fat, we also must look at our lifestyle - and believe it or not, stress and belly fat are directly linked! That’s why we address the stress piece by incorporating daily meditation and mindfulness practices as well as herbal supplements and superfoods to keep stress at bay. Join us this fall for our next coaching program - Keto Gone Green - a revolutionary approach to eating for women - gluten-free, plant-based, and soy-free.