[Podcast Episode] Comet from Healthforce Nutritionals: How superfoods like Spirulina can change the worldDec 29, 2020
Today we are joined by Comet who is a representative of Healthforce Superfoods. She has been a vegan for over 20 years and is passionate about sharing her knowledge on green powders such as Blue-Green Algae, Spirulina, Chlorella, Moringa, as well as so many more deeply nutritious food feed our brains and bodies and help to save the planet.
- Superfoods to take in cold weather
- Spirulina - a complete protein
- Chlorella and why it needs to be “cracked” and why glass bottles are important
- Vitamineral Green - The megamix all-purpose superfood
- What’s the difference between spirulina and blue-green algae
- Moringa - less expensive and helps produce mothers milk
- Are smoothies good for us? What’s a better option?
- How to make the superfoods more absorbable
- How to get your protein on a vegan diet
- How to get your kids to take superfood powders
- Nopal cactus caps to lower your insulin and sugar cravings and helps you get out of the sugar trap. Also a great bone buffer for athletes
- Why should you taste superfoods on your tongue vs. caps?
- How to get enough iron on a vegan diet with chlorella tabs
- How to add superfoods into your meals
- Lucuma powder
- Schizandra berry powder the 5 flavors. An adaptogen to regulate your endocrine system
Nopal Cactus Caps: 4-8 a day until the sugar cravings go away or blood sugar becomes balanced
Comet's Vitamin C Beverage Recipe
- 2 cups hot or cold water
- ½-1 tsp. Schizandra powder
- 1 Tbsp. Vitamin C powder
- 1-3 tsp. Lucuma powder
- Lime, cinnamon, ginger (optional)
- Elaina’s additions: 1/16 tsp. Stevia or to taste, 1 tsp. Coconut oil (blend with hot water)
- Add the powders first if stirring.
- Blend or stir all ingredients together until frothy. Don’t use coconut oil if stirring. Hot water works very well.