Creamy Blackberry Smoothie | Raw + VeganJul 13, 2021
We love smoothies in the summer, especially after a workout or as an afternoon snack. When berries are in season, take advantage of their high nutrition and antioxidant power! You can double this recipe and freeze your leftovers in glass mason jars for a quick grab-and-go breakfast throughout the week. Remove the smoothie the night before you want it and thaw it in the fridge. Or take it out in the morning and leave it on the counter to thaw out.
This super creamy, nutrient-dense smoothie is raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, healthy, and loaded with plant-based protein. This Creamy Blackberry Smoothie tastes like a berry milkshake you would find at an expensive smoothie shop!
Recipe variations & substitutions
- If you want to reduce the sugar or carbs in this smoothie, opt for frozen zucchini instead of banana. Zucchini makes smoothies super creamy without the added sugar!
- Add your favorite protein powder - we love Healthforce Superfoods Elite Green Protein Powder
- Sneak in spinach for some added veggies. The color of your smoothie will be different but it will essentially taste the same, as spinach is very neutral in flavor.
- Throw in some seeds for added whole-food protein. Chia seeds and flax seeds are great additions.
- Add different berries that are in season where you are, like raspberries or strawberries.