Vegan Pumpkin Curry [With Cooking Video]Dec 27, 2021
This is the perfect dairy-free and meat-free winter Curry with plenty of hearty vegetables. It's simple to make and can be done with ingredients you already have on hand. It's hearty, so there is no need for added carbs like rice or noodles if you don't want to.
Enjoy this belly-warming, one-pot meal!
- Sub pumpkin for any other fall vegetable (butternut squash, kabocha squash, sweet potatoes, etc.)
- Sub broccoli or other veggies for your favorite veggies of choice
- Coconut milk or cream pairs well in curries, but you could also use another nut milk
- Use any curry powder or paste. We love the West Indies Rub from Mountain Rose Herbs, but you could use a yellow, red, or green curry.
- Green curry is a brighter and more herby paste. Its color comes from fresh herbs like Thai basil and cilantro, lemongrass and ginger, and green chili peppers.
- Red curry is generally spicier and made up of different chili peppers and paprika.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or quinoa if desired.
- Top with avocado, lime, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, or more coconut cream